Welcome to Canada!
You have decided to come to Canada to improve your career skills and we want to ensure that your time in Canada is useful, happy and fulfilling.
We have personally inspected every home that we recommend as a homestay.
Based upon your student application, we will carefully match you with a family that we believe will help make your stay in Canada enjoyable and memorable.
We will email you a profile of your host family and, if possible, provide you with an email address so that you can correspond with your new Canadian family before coming to Canada.
However, before arriving, there are a few things you should note to make your stay successful.
Your host family will:
- Provide you a clean, private room and three meals a day.
- Provide a study desk and good lamp.
- Provide access to laundry facilities to each student at least once per week.
- Provide internet to students as part of the Homestay fee.
- Show you how to use the bus / Skytrain.
- Orient you to your new neighborhood.
- Banks, Library, Recreation Center, etc.
- Be an English only environment.
- Be considerate of family members and respect household rules.
- Be responsible for your personal sundries.
- Example: Toothpaste, Shampoo, etc.
- Inform the family if you will not be home for dinner.
- Inform the family if you will be away overnight.
- Give 2 weeks notice to the family if you are changing your living arrangements.
- Make an effort to participate in family activities when invited.
- Invite guests to the home only with the host family’s permission.
- Keep your room clean, and tidy up after yourself in common areas of the house.